An important milestone for VAG and the Czech company with a long tradition.
In 1996, Bopp & Reuther AG becomes the majority owner of the well-known valve manufacturer. At that time, the company also returns to the name of Jihomoravská armaturka, spol. s r.o.
Founded in 1881 as a design office and locksmith’s shop in Hodonín, the company kept growing thanks to its excellent reputation, was extended by a foundry and started with the manufacture of simple valves.
The plant was heavily damaged by bomb attacks of the Allied Forces during World War II. It was reconstructed and was given the name Jihomoravská armaturka (JMA) in 1950.
In the year 1973, a new foundry for grey cast iron is put into operation. Five years later, a technical plant for the production of remote-controlled nuclear power plant valves is integrated. In the late 1970s, the company is renamed Sigma and becomes part of the Sigma Group.
After some organisational changes within the parent company in 2001, JMA becomes part of the VAG Group. In the context of the creation of a uniform corporate image of the VAG Group, JMA is renamed VAG s.r.o. in 2017.